Jason set for mammoth 192-mile cross country trek to raise money for charity close to his heart
- Credit: Archant
An intrepid fundraiser is to walk almost 200 miles from the west coast of England to the east coast to raise money for much-needed defibrillators in Whittlesey.
35-year-old Jason Osborne is going to tackle the mammoth trek – which will see him cross three national parks carrying 45lbs on his back – on September 10.
He begins his challenge at St Bees on the west coast, and will walk for 10 hours every day, eventually finishing in Robin Hoods Bay on September 24.
The father of two will document his progress on a webcam, and has already raised over £540 more than a month before his challenge begins.
Chairman of Defibrillators for All, Deborah Slator, says the charity is hugely grateful for Jason’s generosity.
You may also want to watch:
“Having someone like Jason doing something so challenging and raising money to help makes such a big difference to us as a small charity,” she said.
“We are very grateful for his efforts and I am also so very proud of the people of Whittlesey for rallying to support Jason and Defibrillators For All.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
“We still have more work to do but my hopes and expectations have already been far exceeded. Rather than just paying lip service to our aims we continue to ensure as many areas are covered and that all units are easily accessed.”
To donate, visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Jason-Osborne1.