JCB driver in cash machine ram raid at Terrington St Clement
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Ram raiders used a JCB to smash and grab a cash machine out of a wall at the Co Op store in Terrington St Clement.
It’s believed the JCB then loaded the ATM onto a pick-up truck which made off from the scene.
The truck and the cash machine were found abandoned a short time later in Market Lane, Walpole St Andrew and it’s believed the offender(s) made off from there in another vehicle.
DC Marie Lloyd said: “It’s not clear at this time whether any cash was stolen from the ATM.
“The investigation is in its early stages, however, we are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the raid.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also urging anyone who may have seen any vehicles acting suspiciously, such as driving erratically or parked up unusually, in the Terrington St Clement and Walpole areas around the time of the incident to contact us.”
Police are investigating the ram raid on the ATM machine in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday February 11).
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Officers were called just after 2.30am to reports of a JCB being used to remove the cash machine at the Co-Op in Wesley Road.
Anyone with information should contact DC Marie Lloyd at Kings Lynn CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.