Jean braves the shave for Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
A March woman who braved the shave to raise money for a cancer charity says it is very liberating to get rid of her hair.
Jean Livett, who is in remission from oral cancer, raised almost £300 for Macmillan after having a close shave at Heaven Hair Studio in March.
Jean said: “I’m so pleased with the amount I raised as had only set a target of £200.
“I am in remission from oral cancer and my son has had a radical operation with two osteomies having suffered stomach and prostate cancer a year ago, so I know how this affects families.
“The first cut of my hair was awful, it was terrifying, there’s no going back, but as it went on it was actually good fun.
You may also want to watch:
“My neighbour and husband came to watch it all cut off and we had some laughs.
“Now my hair is gone it feels liberating, it’s a funny feeling. I’m really glad I did it for such a worthy cause.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town