Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- Credit: Persimmon Homes
A Doddington man who has worked for the same company for 25 years has been thanked for his long service.
Carpenter Jim Satchwell, who is currently part of the customer care team at Persimmon Homes’ Cardea development, was presented with two gifts to mark his silver anniversary.
Jim was presented with a bottle of malt whisky and a restaurant voucher as a token of appreciation.
He said: “I had no idea this was going to happen and I am honoured to have been presented with these gifts.
“My wife Sue and I are celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary soon and we will enjoy using the restaurant voucher then.”
Mark Dormer, Persimmon Homes East Midlands operations director, said: “We couldn’t let Jim’s 25 years with Persimmon go unrecognised.
“Everyone who has worked with him over the years has nothing but good words to speak of him.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 3 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 4 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 5 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 6 Man arrested following Peterborough 'murder'
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 The Queen's Head named 'Cambridgeshire's best pub'
- 9 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
"He is very much a go-to person and is always willing to help and find a solution to any task thrown at him.
“In addition to his skills, he is always cheerful and positive and he is well-liked and respected by his colleagues.”
Jim added: “I love my job and I know I have a reputation for seeing things through – Sue says because I am a Virgo I am too fussy.
"But I like to see things through to the end and I won’t leave a job until I am satisfied with it.
“I have made so many good friends from my colleagues on the sites over the years and I love meeting so many different customers."