Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- Credit: Persimmon Homes
A Doddington man who has worked for the same company for 25 years has been thanked for his long service.
Carpenter Jim Satchwell, who is currently part of the customer care team at Persimmon Homes’ Cardea development, was presented with two gifts to mark his silver anniversary.
Jim was presented with a bottle of malt whisky and a restaurant voucher as a token of appreciation.
He said: “I had no idea this was going to happen and I am honoured to have been presented with these gifts.
“My wife Sue and I are celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary soon and we will enjoy using the restaurant voucher then.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark Dormer, Persimmon Homes East Midlands operations director, said: “We couldn’t let Jim’s 25 years with Persimmon go unrecognised.
“Everyone who has worked with him over the years has nothing but good words to speak of him.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
"He is very much a go-to person and is always willing to help and find a solution to any task thrown at him.
“In addition to his skills, he is always cheerful and positive and he is well-liked and respected by his colleagues.”
Jim added: “I love my job and I know I have a reputation for seeing things through – Sue says because I am a Virgo I am too fussy.
"But I like to see things through to the end and I won’t leave a job until I am satisfied with it.
“I have made so many good friends from my colleagues on the sites over the years and I love meeting so many different customers."