Jobs at travel branches in March and Wisbech not under threat
- Credit: Archant
A TRAVEL company with branches in March and Wisbech says they will not be affected by industry job cuts.
The Anglia Co-operative owns travel branches at Broad Street, March and Beales Department Store, Wisbech.
Thomas Cook announced on Wednesday that 2,500 jobs and 195 branches could be lost in a re-shape of the business – but did not reveal the stores on the list for potential closure.
In August last year, Thomas Cook merged with Co-op Travel and Midlands Co-op Travel.
Paul Dale, group specialist retail manager with Anglia Co-operative, said: “The announcement of potential closures and job losses with Thomas Cook Group travel branches does not affect in any way those trading as Co-operative Travel and owned by Anglia Co-operative.
You may also want to watch:
“Wednesday’s news was very unfortunate, but we want to assure all of our customers that it’s business as usual for us and their holidays are in safe hands.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend