Poundstretcher, TK Maxx, M&S and Tesco all recruiting for 100s of jobs across Cambridge and the Fens
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge, Ely and the Fens are experiencing a jobs bonanza – if you want to work in retail.
Latest unemployment figures show that whilst jobless figures are at an all time low, Job Centre bosses are struggling to help many retailers fill vacancies.
Julie Nix, Jobcentre Plus district manager, said she had been informed of hundreds of jobs waiting to be filled in local stores.
An early priority is helping Poundstretcher to fill 30 posts at their new store in Chatteris that will open in the New Year.
Poundstretcher has recently completed the final hurdle as they take over part of the mothballed Tesco superstore that was built on the outskirts of town but that never opened.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Dix said: “The jobs on offer cover a range of skills from shop fitters to managers”.
She said many of the big companies looking to recruit offered good training and early promotion prospects.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 8 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
In Cambridge Tesco is looking for up to 100 workers across various stores whilst M&S has 70 vacancies for their Sidney Street store and their new food store at the Beehive Centre.
TK Max wants 45 workers for Cambridge, too.