Jobs Cafe is lanched in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Grab a cuppa and the chance to chat about job support and advice at a new club opened in Wisbech.
The Job Café is open every Friday from 10am to noon at the Queen Mary Centre in Somers Road and is free to attend.
Attending the launch was NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay who said: “The Job Café is a great opportunity for first time job hunters, those looking to switch careers or trying to get back into the job market to meet with employers with vacancies to offer, practice interview techniques and refine CV’s.
“The 46 vacancies which are being advertised through the Job Café vary from care support worker to customer services and from engineering to education.
“There are also opportunities to learn new skills and gain training, through the Princes Trust and College of West Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a fantastic initiative and one which will be of a great benefit to those living in Wisbech.”
The cafe is being run by Luminus with partial funding from Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough LEP.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car