Jobs for 25 people are being created at a care business that supports people being discharged from hospital
- Credit: Archant
A care company is creating 25 jobs after being been chosen to help support people being discharged from hospital.
Cambridgeshire County Council has chosen Radis Community Care as one of its partners to operate an important service to help people coming out of hospital, with the care they need at home.
The firm says that as concerns over bed blocking in Cambridgeshire continue to grow, they hope to offer the support needed in the community.
Rachel Wheatley, manager of the Huntingdon branch, said: “The bed blocking situation in Cambridgeshire is an ongoing problem that tends to get worse through the winter, when the NHS and social care providers have historically struggled to cope with demand.
“As an established care provider in the county, we are excited to be delivering this essential service that we hope will relieve pressure on the NHS.
You may also want to watch:
“The aim of the service is to help people get back on their feet and to live more independently so that they aren’t dependent upon longer term care at home and potential readmission to hospital.”
Radis will operate the ‘Rapid Hospital Discharge and Transition’ service, supporting people across Cambridge, South Cambridge, East and Fenland and Huntingdonshire.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
• Radis is creating around 25 jobs and is keen to hear from experienced people. Call Radis on 0330 100 8199.