Jody Cundy models Stella McCartney’s Great Britain designs at London 2012 kit launch
PARALYMPIC hero Jody Cundy has hailed the Stella-McCartney-designed London 2012 outfit as the “nicest kit he has ever pulled on”.
The fashion designer’s Great Britain kit was criticised by some athletes after it was unveiled yesterday - with some complaining about a “lack of red”.
But Walpole St Andrew star Cundy, who gave feedback on the initial designs last year, was thrilled to get his hands on the Adidas-sponsored gear.
He said: “It was a pleasure to be a part of the kit launch and an honour to be one of the first to wear it.
“It is the nicest kit I’ve ever pulled on and I can’t wait to wear it proudly this summer. I think it looks awesome.
You may also want to watch:
“And if you look good you race fast!”
Paralympic sprinting sensation Jonnie Peacock, from Doddington, also modelled in front of the world’s media at yesterday’s kit launch at the Tower of London.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
The Fenland pair joined a host of Britain’s best athletes, including Jessica Ennis and Phillips Idowu.
Cundy, who travels to a training camp in Majorca today, added: “It really makes you feel part of the team and I can’t wait to hopefully pull on the same kit later this year.”