Jody Cundy models Stella McCartney’s Great Britain designs at London 2012 kit launch
PARALYMPIC hero Jody Cundy has hailed the Stella-McCartney-designed London 2012 outfit as the “nicest kit he has ever pulled on”.
The fashion designer’s Great Britain kit was criticised by some athletes after it was unveiled yesterday - with some complaining about a “lack of red”.
But Walpole St Andrew star Cundy, who gave feedback on the initial designs last year, was thrilled to get his hands on the Adidas-sponsored gear.
He said: “It was a pleasure to be a part of the kit launch and an honour to be one of the first to wear it.
“It is the nicest kit I’ve ever pulled on and I can’t wait to wear it proudly this summer. I think it looks awesome.
“And if you look good you race fast!”
Paralympic sprinting sensation Jonnie Peacock, from Doddington, also modelled in front of the world’s media at yesterday’s kit launch at the Tower of London.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 5 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
The Fenland pair joined a host of Britain’s best athletes, including Jessica Ennis and Phillips Idowu.
Cundy, who travels to a training camp in Majorca today, added: “It really makes you feel part of the team and I can’t wait to hopefully pull on the same kit later this year.”