John Deere machinery fetches more than �100,000 at retiring Fenland farmer’s auction
MORE than �100,000 worth of John Deere machinery was sold at an auction at a Fenland farm in the run-up to Christmas.
Despite freezing conditions, there was a good crowd of purchasers attending the sale of agricultural machinery and effects at Decoy Farm, Eastrea, following the retirement of Peter Band.
Included in the auction were four tractors, a combine harvester, a teleporter, six trailers and about 300 other lots of agricultural machinery and implements.
Claire Wright, of auctioneers Maxey Grounds & Co, said: “Interest in the sale came from far and wide, which resulted in brisk bidding for many of the lots.”
The principal sales were:
You may also want to watch:
• 2007 John Deere 6430 Premium 4WD Tractor �26,000
• 2007 John Deere 6120 2WD Tractor �16,900
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
• 2005 John Deere 6920S Tractor �24,000
• 2002 John Deere 6620 4WD Tractor �14,000
• Reekie Dominator 3000 Two-Row Potato Harvester �6,900
• John Deere 512 24m Mounted Sprayer �6,900
• Griffiths 10-Tonne Tandem Axle Trailer with Auto Tailgate �4,200
• JCB 53070 Telehandler �19,000
• 1997 John Deere 2266 Combine Harvester �34,000.
Claire said: “Other smaller items all sold at satisfactory prices.”