John Deere machinery fetches more than �100,000 at retiring Fenland farmer’s auction
MORE than �100,000 worth of John Deere machinery was sold at an auction at a Fenland farm in the run-up to Christmas.
Despite freezing conditions, there was a good crowd of purchasers attending the sale of agricultural machinery and effects at Decoy Farm, Eastrea, following the retirement of Peter Band.
Included in the auction were four tractors, a combine harvester, a teleporter, six trailers and about 300 other lots of agricultural machinery and implements.
Claire Wright, of auctioneers Maxey Grounds & Co, said: “Interest in the sale came from far and wide, which resulted in brisk bidding for many of the lots.”
The principal sales were:
• 2007 John Deere 6430 Premium 4WD Tractor �26,000
• 2007 John Deere 6120 2WD Tractor �16,900
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
• 2005 John Deere 6920S Tractor �24,000
• 2002 John Deere 6620 4WD Tractor �14,000
• Reekie Dominator 3000 Two-Row Potato Harvester �6,900
• John Deere 512 24m Mounted Sprayer �6,900
• Griffiths 10-Tonne Tandem Axle Trailer with Auto Tailgate �4,200
• JCB 53070 Telehandler �19,000
• 1997 John Deere 2266 Combine Harvester �34,000.
Claire said: “Other smaller items all sold at satisfactory prices.”