Join a poem trail in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The second Wisbech poetry trail has been launched in the town.
Twenty shops and businesses are displaying poems in their window - the aim is to spot them all and work out the poem theme or the connection to the shop.
The trail is organised by Wisbech Library and runs to the end of September.
To follow the trail, pick up a form from the library or information points and complete by October 2.
A draw for the winner will be made on Thursday 5.
You may also want to watch:
Poetry fun day is being supported by schools through Wisbech Reads working with Wisbech Library Friends.
On Thursday October 5, groups of children from local primary schools will be visiting the library to read out poems they have written themselves.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
There will also be the opportunity for members of the public to read out or recite poems of their choice during the day.
Drop in to listen, to take part, or to look at displays, and to support those who are taking part.