Join the biggest moving carnival parade in the country at the Rose Fair in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Help hit the high notes by entering a musical carnival float for this year’s historic Rose Fair in Wisbech.
Clubs, societies, schools and businesses are being invited to enter their float on the theme of musicals ready for the popular event on Saturday July 2 which celebrates the town’s horticultural heritage.
“This event is one of the largest moving carnival parades in the country and with your support we can ensure we can continue to make substantial donations to the local community,” said Oliver Mackett, who is inviting people to enter the parade.
Rose Fair attracts thousands of visitors to the town in what is regarded as East Anglia’s premier flower festival.
The Flower Festival Theme for 2016 is ‘The World of Fantasy’ and will bring together traditional flowers and exotic blooms with breathtaking displays in four churches.
You may also want to watch:
Rose Fair began in 1963 when local rose growers sold flower buds in the church gardens to raise funds for the restoration of the church.
• Anybody interested in having a float in the parade should contact Oliver Mackett email@example.com for an entry form.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused