Join the fight to save local hospital services by adding your name to help take the numbers to 10,000
- Credit: Archant
Campaigners are urging people to get behind a final push to collect 10,000 signatures on a petition to save local hospital services.
The petition to save minor injury units at Doddington, Wisbech and Ely has already gathered momentum but if it tops the 10,000 mark the Government has to take notice and respond.
Campaigner Emma Watson said: “It’s important to underline that although news recently broke that outpatient services have been secured for a year at the Princess of Wales, Ely and at Doddington Hospital, all three minor injuries units (MIU) are still very much under threat.
“We will continue to push for the retention of the MIUs, and then for the enhancement of each facility to become a health hub for our fast-growing city and rural Fenland.
“I would like to thank each and every person who has shown their support for our invaluable MIUs.
You may also want to watch:
“I am grateful to those who have given their time to help gather signatures, those who are holding a copy of the paper petition forms in their shop or office, or who have added their signature.
“With 3,313 online petitioners and more than 5,000 on paper, we’re making a final push for our goal this week.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The petition is a regular feature at the Thursday and Saturday markets at Ely.
People who want to see services saved at Ely, Doddington and Wisbech areas who have not yet signed online are urged to visit https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/163267.
Emma said: “There has been such a passionate response from many signing at the market stall that I need to point out that an individual can only sign the petition once, online or on paper - duplications will not count.”
To volunteer to help with future actions to save the MIUs contact the Facebook Community page Save Ely MIU or contact Councillor Lis Every at the city council on (01353) 661016.