Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- Credit: PA
England’s deputy chief medical officer’s 79-year-old mother received her Covid-19 vaccination at the Jenner Health Centre in Whittlesey.
Elizabeth Van-Tam, the mother of Professor Jonathan Van Tam, says she was “really happy” to receive the jab at around 11am this morning (January 21).
She said: “I was really happy to get my COVID-19 vaccine. While I’ve had lots of reminders from Jonathan, I needed no encouragement when I received my phone call.
“The jab didn’t hurt at all and the NHS staff were excellent. I would encourage everyone to take up the offer when it comes.”
Prof Van Tam said: “I’m delighted my mum has received her covid vaccination and to know she will have some protection against this deadly virus.
You may also want to watch:
“Like everyone else, it’s important that she also has her second dose when called for this.
“Vaccines are the way out of this pandemic and I urge everyone to take up the offer as soon as they are called forward.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
“It is essential that everyone continues to stay at home if possible whether they have had the vaccine or not to protect the NHS and save lives.”