Ely hero Jorja Furze dazzles as part of the Royal Wedding celebrations
- Credit: Archant
It was not only a special weekend for Harry and Meghan but our Ely hero Jorja Furze - who was part of the big day.
The inspirational 12-year-old amputee was chosen earlier this year to be among thousands in the grounds of Windsor Castle on Saturday.
Jorja wore an elegant black dress and sparkled alongside her mother, Gabrielle, as they posted pictures in the sunshine on social media.
Jorja also caught the attention of a French news programme that featured her in a report of the day.
The footage showed Jorja speaking with a reporter and showing off her dress before making her way to the event.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster won the Child of Achievement award at the Ely Hero Awards 2017.
Ely Heroes tweeted: “Our Child of Achievement Winner 2017, Jorja and her mum had an incredible day at the #royalwedding this weekend. She looks so gorgeous!
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
“Super proud of what Ely Hero Awards has achieved in shining a light on our incredible people in our community like Jorja. Bring on #elyheroawards2018!”
Lord-Lieutenant Julie Spence was invited to nominate six people from the area, along with one guest each, to attend the celebrations.