Jubilee Court staff organise surprise 100th birthday party for resident Margaret
IT was Margaret O’Sullivan’s big day when staff at a Fenland care home organised a surprise 100th birthday party for her.
Miss O’Sullivan celebrated her milestone last Thursday but she enjoyed a party at Jubilee Court in March last Wednesday which was attended by staff and residents.
Because she was originally from Cork, in Ireland, staff arranged for Irish singer Tom Kennedy, also originally from Cork but now a resident of Manea, to entertain residents.
Fellow members of the congregation at the Catholic Church in St John’s Road, March, also gathered last Wednesday morning for mass at Jubilee Court.
Diane Bower, manager of Jubilee Court, said: “Margaret was thrilled and overwhelmed with the day. She was pampered and received lots of cards from fellow residents as well as a Telegram.
You may also want to watch:
“She has thanked everyone who attended and helped organise the event.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache