Judging by the turn out, Littleport Community Market could easily establish itself as a regular event on a Saturday morning
- Credit: Archant
A community market brought out large crowds in Littleport on Saturday held inside the former J H Adams store.
Judging by the turn out the market looks to be in for a long run.
On sale was fresh produce, home made pies and cakes and specialised gourmet foods to tantalise the taste buds.
The market will run each Saturday from 8am to 1pm.
At the moment the event is being trialled but organisers hope it can establish itself as a regular Saturday morning event for the village.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the stall holders offered samples for customers to try – particularly popular when it came to sampling some of the many soft drink varieties on offer.
Organisers promise “a wide variety of local produce available including regular guest stalls ensuring that there will always be something worth popping in for. Quality produce served in a traditional shop environment.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man found dead in March
Among those taking part are:
Delicious selection of homemade brownies
The Shed Farm Shop
Various artisan mustards, preserves, sauces, dressings, oils, curds and cordials plus local eggs
Cheese and Pie Man
Wide range of cheeses including local brands plus award winning pies
Selection of locally produced apple juice and apples
Vegetables and Salads
Wide variety of seasonal produce from local suppliers
Kidds Kitchen (from October 3)
A range of homemade sweet and savoury bakes
The market is a joint initiative between Littleport Town Team and The Adams Heritage Centre