Junior Fen football team celebrate after Metalcraft donation
- Credit: Archant
A junior football team in Fenland is celebrating after they received a generous donation from Metalcraft in Chatteris.
Manea Strikers Under 12's Blue were presented with a cheque for £389 ahead of their local derby with the Manea Strikers' Under 12 Claret team on December 14.
The funding was provided courtesy of Metalcraft's Community Fund, which has been running for over three years.
A Metalcraft spokeswoman said: "The funding was secured from Metalcraft's community fund which provides money and support for non-profit organisations in the PE16 postcode and surrounding villages.
"The community fund has been running for more than three years and during that time, a total of 49 local community groups have benefitted from the fund."
You may also want to watch:
As part of the fund, apprentices from Metalcraft have taken part in projects such as converting Santa's sleigh by building a new frame, which was then later used by the Chatteris Rotary Club.
- 1 Six slimmers lose 40 stone between them
- 2 Dog theft threat is real says Cambs police
- 3 Town's hidden vaults, cells and crypts brought to life in 3D virtual tour
- 4 The key revelations from Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview
- 5 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 6 Appeal after theft of JCB Telehandler
- 7 Wetherspoon refused permission for £2m Ely pub - too big say planners
- 8 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 9 Joined up thinking boosts Wisbech and Ely rail projects
- 10 Father of baby killed at Waterbeach criticises response to A10 safety calls