Family pay tribute to 10 year old boy who died in a collision with a lorry in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The family of a 10 year old boy, who died when he was in collision with a lorry as he cycled to school, have paid tribute to the much loved lad who was a keen swimmer and music fan.
Kastytis Dambrauskas died after he was involved in a collision with a HGV in Weasenham Lane, Wisbech, on Monday July 16.
His family said: “Words cannot express the devastation we are feeling following the loss of Kastytis. He was a very much loved son, brother, nephew and grandson. He will be sorely missed by all.
“He was a keen swimmer and loved being in the water. If he wasn’t swimming he was listening to music.
“We are incredibly grateful for the help and support we have received as a family but we would now like to ask that we are left alone at this tough time to grieve in private.”
The accident happened at about 8.30am.
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday