Kay Mayor announced as new chairman of Fenland District Council
- Credit: Archant
Fenland District Council has announced its new chairman for 2017/18.
At its annual meeting on Thursday May 11, Cllr Kay Mayor received the chains of office from outgoing chairman Cllr Carol Cox.
Welcoming her appointment, Cllr Mayor said: “I am very conscious of the honour that has been bestowed upon me following in the footsteps of previous chairmen identified in the photographs around the council chamber.
“I will endeavour to uphold the traditions and good practices of the Council and do my best to ensure that the good representation and reputation of Fenland District Council continues around Fenland and the surrounding area.”
The former Whittlesey mayor has chosen Macmillan Cancer Support as her nominated charity for the two years of office.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Cox said: “I would like to thank all members who voted for me, thus giving me the opportunity of representing Fenland as its chairman. It has been a great privilege and I have met some very interesting people and been invited to a myriad of places.
“I have had incredible support from officers and member services and of course my vice-chairman Kay Mayor. I wish her my support and best wishes on what will be an incredible experience.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Cllr David Hodgson was announced vice-chairman.