‘Keep cars and vans locked at all times and valuables in a secure place’ warn police after 21 thefts since Friday in Whittlesey and Eastrea
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being urged to keep their vehicles locked and valuables secure following 21 reports of thefts in Whittlesey and Eastrea since Friday (15).
The offences have occurred overnight and the majority of vehicles have been insecure, say police.
The vehicles are being searched with electrical and personal items taken.
Detective Inspector Dave Murphy said: “We would like to speak to anyone who may have seen a white male, approximately 5’ 7” running from Kelful Close, Eastrea at about 2.30am on Monday (18).
“We would like to reassure members of the public that patrols have been increased in the area but urge people to keep their cars and vans locked at all times and valuables not just out of sight but in a secure place.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via https://crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages