‘Keep vehicles locked, secured and remove all valuables’ warn police after man is seen trying cars at 4am in Snoots Road, Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a warning to Whittlesey residents to ensure they keep their cars locked and secured.
It follows reports to police that a man in dark clothing was seen trying car doors in Snoots Road at around 4am today.
“Officers were dispatched to the area and upon arrival, one car, which was insecure, had been entered and an untidy search conducted, however nothing was stolen,” said a police spokesman.
“Cambridgeshire Police would like to advise members of the public to ensure their vehicles are locked and secured at all times and all valuables removed when unattended.
“Members of the public are also advised to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity to the police on 999 or 101.”
You may also want to watch:
The advice was posted on the Facebook page Policing Whittlesey this morning.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder