Slimmer who lost 14 stone talks weight loss support in Covid times
- Credit: KERA MASON
I’m a member of Slimming World at the Eastrea Centre with Anna Foster.
This week marked three years since I joined and, in that time, I have lost over half of my body weight.
I’d love to use this time to try to reach out to other people who are like I was.
Trapped inside a body that didn’t feel like their own, unable to see a way out of their current situation.
Feeling embarrassed, ashamed and ridiculed by society.
Slimming World has changed my life in just three short years.
It’s changed the life of so many people.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Missing woman back home
- 8 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 9 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
Be it a stone to lose or 14 stone to lose - the support is there for everyone and it is incredibly valuable.
We’ve had a very strange 18 months or so. For a lot of us, weight gain has been an issue.
Our Slimming World groups are fully open, up and running and full of so much love, care and support.
We are all equal regardless of weight, gender, social class etc.
It’s a group of people coming together with the same goal: to lose weight, to become a healthier version of themselves.
A place where you can speak openly about your struggles, get support from other members and Anna and not have to feel ashamed of who you are as you know you’re just accepted.
That who you are is ok and you’re equal with everyone else. Something that a lot of us don’t get to feel in normal daily situations.
Covid has brought with it numerous challenges but your weight doesn’t need to be one of them.
I would love for people to come along on a Monday and make it day one of a new life for themselves, knowing that they will get such an immense welcome and support from everyone.