Man jailed for storming into ex-partner’s Whittlesey home, assaulting and threatening to kill her and her family
- Credit: Archant
A man who stormed into his ex-partner’s Whittlesey home, assaulted and threatened to kill her and her family has been jailed.
Kevin Cosgrove, 36, went to the property in Horsegate Lane, on January 10 - even though he was subject to a restraining order preventing him from doing so.
When the victim asked him to leave Cosgrove punched her to the floor and then proceeded to kick her.
Later that day when the victim returned to her home she discovered 12 answer machine messages from Cosgrove threatening her.
The messages, which lasted for 10 minutes, also threatened the victim’s family and suggested Cosgrove was going to stab any police officer who tried to arrest him.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday (March 11) at Cambridge Crown Court Cosgrove, of no known address, admitted common assault, threats to kill and breaching a restraining order. He was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
Detective Constable Chris Smith said: “Cosgrove went to the victim’s home in full knowledge this represented a breach of his restraining order.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 3 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 4 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 5 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 6 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 10 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
“Not content with this he assaulted the woman and terrified her with messages threatening to kill her and her family.”