Man jailed for storming into ex-partner’s Whittlesey home, assaulting and threatening to kill her and her family
- Credit: Archant
A man who stormed into his ex-partner’s Whittlesey home, assaulted and threatened to kill her and her family has been jailed.
Kevin Cosgrove, 36, went to the property in Horsegate Lane, on January 10 - even though he was subject to a restraining order preventing him from doing so.
When the victim asked him to leave Cosgrove punched her to the floor and then proceeded to kick her.
Later that day when the victim returned to her home she discovered 12 answer machine messages from Cosgrove threatening her.
The messages, which lasted for 10 minutes, also threatened the victim’s family and suggested Cosgrove was going to stab any police officer who tried to arrest him.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday (March 11) at Cambridge Crown Court Cosgrove, of no known address, admitted common assault, threats to kill and breaching a restraining order. He was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
Detective Constable Chris Smith said: “Cosgrove went to the victim’s home in full knowledge this represented a breach of his restraining order.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
“Not content with this he assaulted the woman and terrified her with messages threatening to kill her and her family.”