NENE Housing Society s latest developments in March were subject to public scrutiny on Friday when the society staged an open day. It gave potential buyers and residents the chance to look around the final few available properties in Riverbank Close, Gaul
NENE Housing Society's latest developments in March were subject to public scrutiny on Friday when the society staged an open day.
It gave potential buyers and residents the chance to look around the final few available properties in Riverbank Close, Gaul Road.
Properties include bungalows and houses, with between two and four bedrooms, which can be acquired through outright sale or shared ownership, for the first step on to the property ladder, or rented.
Six properties have been designed to cater for wheelchair users and have features such as adjustable kitchen work surfaces, wheelchair-width doors and level access showers.
You may also want to watch:
A further six bungalows have been designed for older, more mobile residents.
Kevin Devlin, who uses a mobility scooter, is one of the first people to move in.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
He said: "I was nominated by Fenland District Council as a suitable candidate to move into one of the properties and am delighted to have been accepted.
"The new house will allow me to use my scooter inside to manoeuvre around. Nene worked with me to identify my housing needs and offered me a home which meets all my requirements."
Meg Lewis, marketing manager at Nene Housing, said: "This is an exciting development which is providing local people, as well as key workers, with an excellent opportunity to join the housing ladder.
"Nene is helping to meet housing need in the area through providing opportunities for Fenland residents to buy their first home.