Kids Are Alright Challenge nomination for Fenland youth theatre’s teenage leaders
FOUR talented teenagers have earned a Kids Are Alright Challenge nomination for helping young performers take to the stage at a Fenland youth theatre.
Tom Field, 17, and Scott Killingworth, Scarlett Morris and Lauren Russell, all 15, have spent hours volunteering at Fenland Arts Youth Theatre, working with children aged 6-11.
Katherine Nightingale, from Fenland Arts, said: “They have given up their time to write lines, create dances and support the children to work through their moments of lack of confidence and uncertainty of lines and dance steps.
“As well as using their skills in choreography, script writing and performing the nominees act as mentors. They support confidence building, act as a sounding board and at times work with challenging behaviour.
“It is wonderful to see the relationships develop between the children and the teenagers.”
You may also want to watch:
One parent, whose child has attended the drama group for the last year, said: “I have seen her confidence blossom as she attains skills which were often thought beyond her due to her particular needs.
“I have to thank the young people involved in the group, Lauren, Scarlett, Scott and Tom for their humour, goodwill, dedication and intense commitment to inclusion which has made my child feel welcome, valued and given her the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the group.”
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
The four teenagers, who led the children during a recent ‘A Night at the Musicals’ project, are the first nomination for May’s Kids Are Alright Challenge prize.