Kids Are Alright nomination for March young car designers after F1 in Schools success
YOUNG car designers raced into the national F1 in Schools finals after dominating the regional championships – and they have now been nominated for the Kids Are Alright Challenge.
Team Revolution – made up of Year 7s from from Neale-Wade Community College in March – won the Central England Regional Championships.
Their rapid car decimated the opposition, picking up the awards for fastest car, best engineered car and best sponsorship and marketing.
F1 in Schools is a challenge in which teams of students use Computer Aided Design to manufacture, test and race miniature gas-powered balsa wood F1 cars.
Judges from Jaguar were impressed at the March youngsters’ aerodynamic design, which saw their car complete the race in just 0.598 seconds – almost twice as fast as their nearest rival.
You may also want to watch:
Team Revolution – one of the youngest teams to enter – will now compete against regional winners from across the country. They are led by DT teacher Debbie Winn – who has already helped four previous teams reach the national finals.
The finals will be held during the Big Bang Fair, at the International Conference Centre in London from March 11-12.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
The team need to raise around �1000 for their trip to the national finals and are looking for sponsors to help fund it. Anyone interested should contact Mrs Winn at Neale-Wade.
Team Revolution are made up of Joshua Ingram, Ioan Foreman, Stephen Cobb, Jordan Saward, Morgan Chappell and David Ablett.
? We’re still searching for the young stars across Fenland. To nominate an individual or youth group either use the coupon on our website or e-mail email@example.com