Kids Are Alright nomination for March young car designers after F1 in Schools success
YOUNG car designers raced into the national F1 in Schools finals after dominating the regional championships – and they have now been nominated for the Kids Are Alright Challenge.
Team Revolution – made up of Year 7s from from Neale-Wade Community College in March – won the Central England Regional Championships.
Their rapid car decimated the opposition, picking up the awards for fastest car, best engineered car and best sponsorship and marketing.
F1 in Schools is a challenge in which teams of students use Computer Aided Design to manufacture, test and race miniature gas-powered balsa wood F1 cars.
Judges from Jaguar were impressed at the March youngsters’ aerodynamic design, which saw their car complete the race in just 0.598 seconds – almost twice as fast as their nearest rival.
You may also want to watch:
Team Revolution – one of the youngest teams to enter – will now compete against regional winners from across the country. They are led by DT teacher Debbie Winn – who has already helped four previous teams reach the national finals.
The finals will be held during the Big Bang Fair, at the International Conference Centre in London from March 11-12.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
The team need to raise around �1000 for their trip to the national finals and are looking for sponsors to help fund it. Anyone interested should contact Mrs Winn at Neale-Wade.
Team Revolution are made up of Joshua Ingram, Ioan Foreman, Stephen Cobb, Jordan Saward, Morgan Chappell and David Ablett.
? We’re still searching for the young stars across Fenland. To nominate an individual or youth group either use the coupon on our website or e-mail email@example.com