Man charged with carrying claw hammer in street at 1.45am
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with carrying a claw hammer in a Fenland street at 1.45am.
Kieran Hutchinson, of Station Road in Manea, was arrested in New Park, March, in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday September 23).
The 22-year-old has since been charged with being in possession of an offensive weapon, namely a claw hammer, in a public place.
He has been bailed to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on November 16.
According to the Crown Prosecution Service, Section 1 of the Prevention of Crime Act 1953 prohibits the possession in any public place of an offensive weapon without lawful authority or excuse.
You may also want to watch:
The term ‘offensive weapon’ is defined as: any article made or adapted for use to cause injury to the person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire