King’s Speech at Luxe Cinema
I WOULD like to thank Burleigh Ibbott, proprietor of the Luxe Cinema in Alexandra Road, for bringing The King’s Speech to Wisbech.
Given the widespread acclaim for The King’s Speech, including the acting ability of Colin Firth, I had looked forward very much to seeing it at the Luxe Cinema.
It was also the first time I had booked seats for my mum and me using the Luxe Cinema’s newly-introduced online-booking system, which I found very easy to use.
The success of The King’s Speech at the box office, both in the UK and abroad, shows that the public’s interest in the British monarchy always increases at a time of crisis.
Mr Ibbott, therefore, showed much insight in bringing such a touching British-made feel-good movie to the cinema-going public of Fenland.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 9 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home