King’s Ely riders qualify in national horse riding championships
- Credit: King’s Ely
King’s Ely have come out on top at a national horse riding event at Forest Edge Arena in Swaffham.
The school’s equestrian team was on top form at the National Schools Equestrian Association’s (NSEA) arena eventing qualifiers, with two teams and three of the school’s individual riders qualified for the national championships.
The 90cms team of Adele Shaw, Ellie Grimsey and Emily Gredley won their class and qualified for the national championships. Adele also qualified as an individual rider after winning the class.
The 1m team of Emily Gredley, Katie Cameron and Eleanor Fairey won their class and qualified. Katie also qualified as an individual rider after winning the class.
Katie and Eleanor have both also qualified for the national championships in the 1m 10cm class.
You may also want to watch:
Manager of the King’s Ely equestrian team Sue Cameron said: “The students were all thrilled with their results and it looks like they have another exciting season ahead of them.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 5 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 School ‘overwhelmed’ by response to harvest collection