Kings Lynn man in court in connection with death of Cambridgeshire police officer in a collision on the A141 at Wyton
- Credit: Archant
A man is due to appear in court tomorrow in connection with the death of a Cambridgeshire police officer in a road collision last year.
Danny Warby, 27, of School Road, Runcton Holme, King’s Lynn, has been summoned to Peterborough Magistrates’ Court.
He will face a charge of causing death by dangerous driving in connection with the death of Sharon Garrett on June 6, 2014.
The incident happened at 4.35pm on the A141 at Wyton when the Renault Clio Sharon was driving was involved in a collision with two other cars and two lorries.
Detective Constable Garrett, 48, joined Cambridgeshire Constabulary in 1991 and served in a number of roles across the force, most recently investigating complex fraud offences in the Economic Crime Unit.
You may also want to watch:
She was survived by her husband, Adrian, who is also a serving Cambridgeshire police officer and their two children.
Chief Constable Simon Parr said after her death: “Detective Constable Sharon Garrett was an exceptional police officer and will be truly missed by all of the many friends and colleagues who she had within the constabulary.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“The death of Sharon in such tragic circumstances is so incredibly sad. My condolences and heartfelt sympathy go to her husband, children and immediate family but also to the many friends and colleagues who will feel the loss of such an exceptional person.”