Man’s life ‘saved’ after quick thinking applies pressure after knife attack at Wisbech house
- Credit: Archant
A 33 year-old man from King’s Lynn remains critically ill in hospital following a stabbing in Wisbech yesterday.
The incident happened yesterday morning at a house in Norwich Road, Walsoken, and followed an altercation between the victim and another man who was in the house at the time.
During a scuffle the victim sustained serious neck injuries and only the prompt response of others in the house saved his life.
Emergency services including an air ambulance were quickly on the scene and police sealed off neighbouring roads in the hunt for the alleged attacker.
He is thought to have later handed himself in a police station after earlier fleeing the scene in a car.
You may also want to watch:
Friends and family members of the victim say he remains unconscious at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
A close friend said today said the social media coverage of the event had caused consternation after one family member wrongly reported that the victim had died. The friend said today they had been in touch with the hospital and the victim “has had a stable night, bless him. But he is still really poorly”.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
The friend said the hospital had praised the actions of those in the house at the time of the alleged stabbing.
“One put pressure on his wound and basically saved his life,” said the friend.
The friend said it was only when others in the house pulled apart the scrapping protagonists they noticed “blood streaming out of his neck”.
A police spokesman said they were called just before noon yesterday (June 23) to a report that a man had been stabbed at a property in Norwich Road, Wisbech.
“The victim, a man in his 30s, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by air ambulance where he remains in a critical but stable condition,” said the spokesman.
“A 20-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and is in custody at King’s Lynn.
“A woman in her 40s has also been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice and has been taken to King’s Lynn. A police scene is in place at the premises in Norwich Road and investigations continue.”