Kingsfield School girls win Witchford Sports Partnership football trophy for second year running
- Credit: Archant
Kingsfield Primary School’s girl footballers saw off eight other teams to defend their Witchford Sports Partnership title at Ely College.
Two wins and a draw saw the team win their group, setting up a semi-final against Downham Feoffees. They battled into the final with a 1-0 win. Isleham beat Millfield 2-0 in the other semi-final.
The final was an evenly matched game with Kingsfield holding the upper hand in midfield while Isleham defended resolutely.
Kingsfield’s keeper made important saves before they scored the decisive goal.
Hallie White, 11, said: “ We all played really well together and understood and supported each other better with every game.
You may also want to watch:
“I played when we won last year, to defend our title is brilliant, we’re all really excited and the reaction back at school was amazing.”
Coach Max Flintoft said: “We have been working hard on our skills and the girls have put in extra work over lunchtimes.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“They worked hard for each other during the tournament and they deserve to get something for it.”