Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- Credit: Google Maps
Residents had to be evacuated after a kitchen caught fire in Chatteris.
Crews were called to Millfield Close on Easter Monday (April 5) to find the ground floor kitchen was ablaze.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “At 3.39pm, crews from Chatteris, Manea, March and the north roaming fire engine were called to a fire on Millfield Close.
“Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the ground floor kitchen of a detached house.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using hose reels and a jet and returned to their stations by 6.30pm.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson added: “The property was evacuated when crews arrived.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 2 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 3 Cat saved from 15ft deep drain by firefighters in two-hour rescue
- 4 Police issue advice as man knocks on doors offering to go shopping
- 5 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
- 6 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 7 Online Cambridge Festival hailed a success with viewers from 173 countries
- 8 Youngster, 12, makes bold move in bid for go-karting glory
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary