Kitted out: Students return to Neale-Wade Community College to find new-look sports hall
STUDENTS returned to Neale-Wade Community College today to find their sports hall had been transformed with a host of new equipment.
A “Boflex” wooden floor has been fitted, cricket nets and basketball hoops have been installed and there are new badminton, football, volleyball and netball posts.
The work is part of the multi-million pound renovation of Neale-Wade, under the Building Schools for the Future project.
Martin Dawson, manager of the sports centre, said: “Pupils returning to school this week will soon be enjoying the benefits of the work as well as the sports clubs that use the school’s facilities and are starting their new seasons this month.
“Clubs that use the facilities include March Town Hockey Club, March and District Table Tennis Club, various football clubs and many more including badminton coaching from Colin Bedford on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on clubs that use the sports hall call 01354 606160.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire