A Fenland primary school enjoyed a surprise visit by former boxing champion Dave Boy Green as part of its Healthy School Week . He popped into Wednesday morning s assembly at Manea Primary School to talk to children about staying healthy and explaining
A Fenland primary school enjoyed a surprise visit by former boxing champion Dave 'Boy' Green as part of its 'Healthy School Week'.
He popped into Wednesday morning's assembly at Manea Primary School to talk to children about staying healthy and explaining what he achieved in his boxing days by keeping fit.
Green, a former British and European boxing champion, also took some pictures to show the youngsters.
It was part of the school's healthy week which has seen the school have lessons about healthy living. The event ends today with a Fruity Friday, for which children are to take a fruity accessory to school.
You may also want to watch:
Key Stage One children will also enjoy a visit from Nurse Belinda, from Manea Surgery, who will also talk about healthy living.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed