RARELY can a Fenland summer have prompted so many attractions to keep our youngsters occupied. Magic shows, puppet events, storytelling, music and songs – and even a special museum day for children – have kept hundreds entertained. In the space of a few
RARELY can a Fenland summer have prompted so many attractions to keep our youngsters occupied.
Magic shows, puppet events, storytelling, music and songs - and even a special museum day for children - have kept hundreds entertained.
In the space of a few days, photographer Brian Purdy was captivated by the youngsters busily at work painting at a fun day in March on Saturday, right, and watched youngsters at March Library, bottom right, as Mr Rainbow entertained them with a wondrous 60-minute performance.
Chatteris was not to be outshone as the youngsters, below, including the young man, left, sat spellbound as Cedric Superknight was wheeled out to quell any summertime blues.
You may also want to watch:
And in Whittlesey, bottom left, the town's museum hosted a "Fabulous Finds Day" for young people, with the audience invited to identify pieces of pottery, metalwork, coins, fossils and other items found locally.
With school not due to start for a couple of weeks, Fenland is pulling out the stops for even more events throughout the rest of the month.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital