Ladies Day at Ely rugby club proves a stunning success with a sumptuous afternoon tea - and of course some excellent rugby - on the menu
- Credit: Archant
It was ladies day at Ely rugby club on Saturday – with a sumptuous afternoon tea among the special treats on offer.
As part of the day the club organised a charity collection in aid of Breast Cancer Now with fund raising buckets around the ground.
A large number of ladies turned out for the special occasion, with prizes on offer for various competitions including that of best dressed lady Vicky Bennett, She was invited later to present the man of the match award to Lory Martin.
Plenty of entertainment was provided for the ladies including getting to watch the game from a special VIP section and they were later to watch the TV game from the Six Nations.
There were also various stalls set up for some light shopping and a chance to taste some flavoured gins.
You may also want to watch:
But for many of the guests the highlight – apart of course from the rugby – was enjoying the tiered plates of elegant cakes and savouries.
”The crockery from Blossom Hires looks absolutely amazing,” said a club official.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital