Lady and The Tramp lookalikes desperate to find new home after nearly four months at Wood Green
- Credit: Archant
A PAIR of dogs who resemble characters from the iconic Disney film Lady and The Tramp are seeking forever homes.
Similarly to the 1955 film, it was love at first sight for Wood Green Animal Centre’s Chockie (Lady) and Scruffy (Tramp), who first met 1,000 miles away in Spain.
Two-year-old Scruffy was just a puppy when he was taken under Chockie’s wing. The pair were brought over to the UK by their owner who had to give them up because of a change in circumstances.
Over the years, the canine duo have become inseparable and after 114 days living at Wood Green, in Godmanchester, the charity is desperate to find them a home where they can snuggle up together and maybe even enjoy a bowl of spaghetti together.
Animal Rehomer Laura Smith said: “Chockie is the older, more confident one who keeps Scruffy in line and helps him to be brave. She’s a good role model for him. They are Wood Green’s favourite pair of dogs; they’re fun, lively and excellent sofa dogs.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information about rehoming Chockie and Scruffy, call 0844 248 8181 or visit the centre.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept