Lambing day at College of West Anglia farm
- Credit: Archant
A college farm has lots to see for visitors with its first lambing open day this weekend.
The Woodside Farm holds the family day at the Cambridge Campus of the College of West Anglia on Saturday, April 26 from 11am-2pm.
As well as the first lambs to be born there for a number of years, the public will also be able to see the trio of two-year-old Llamas which have just arrived at the farm, situated in Landbeach Road, Milton.
The calves are also new arrivals having come from Melton Mowbray livestock market.
There are six Aberdeen Angus, which originate from Scotland and two which are a breed called Simmental, whose origins go back hundreds of years to the Simme river valley in Switzerland.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions include beef cattle, newly hatched chicks and pigs.
Smaller animals from the college’s companion animal unit, including rabbits and guinea pigs, will also be visiting the farm waiting to meet all the visitors.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'