Lambing day at College of West Anglia farm
- Credit: Archant
A college farm has lots to see for visitors with its first lambing open day this weekend.
The Woodside Farm holds the family day at the Cambridge Campus of the College of West Anglia on Saturday, April 26 from 11am-2pm.
As well as the first lambs to be born there for a number of years, the public will also be able to see the trio of two-year-old Llamas which have just arrived at the farm, situated in Landbeach Road, Milton.
The calves are also new arrivals having come from Melton Mowbray livestock market.
There are six Aberdeen Angus, which originate from Scotland and two which are a breed called Simmental, whose origins go back hundreds of years to the Simme river valley in Switzerland.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions include beef cattle, newly hatched chicks and pigs.
Smaller animals from the college’s companion animal unit, including rabbits and guinea pigs, will also be visiting the farm waiting to meet all the visitors.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years