Land owners unveil 400 homes plan east of the Wimblington Road, March
TWO March land owners are set for a multi million pound windfall if their plans to build 400 homes on the outskirts of town are approved.
The land owners – referred to in planning documents as Mr and Mrs Hopkin and Mrs Mitcham- have lodged preliminary details of their “comprehensive master plan”.
That’s the description given to the proposals in an outline of the proposals presented to Fenland District Council. The council must now decide on the level of detail the applicants must come up before it is considered by the planning committee.
The site would be accessed from Barkers Lane to the north and the Wimblington Road to the west: the land is east of the B1101.
“The design would include considerable landscaping to reflect the open nature of the surrounding countryside,” says a report to the council.
You may also want to watch:
The area is currently arable land with a small area of orchard. The site includes, as is surrounded by, a series of field drains and relict hedgerows.
“The construction of the project is likely to result in some disturbance to the field drainage system and could result in direct impacts on water voles, should they be present,” says the report.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“It is likely that much of the orchard would be lost through the construction”.