Laptop may have been stolen from Chatteris house while occupant was weeding her front garden
- Credit: Rawpixel - Fotolia
A laptop was stolen from a home in Chatteris – and thieves may have taken advantage of the occupant weeding her front garden.
On Tuesday, May 26, the victim was at her home in Green Park for the majority of the day, weeding the front garden.
Throughout the day she went back into the house to check her e-mails on her black Toshiba Satellite laptop, which had been left on the dining room table.
A police spokesman said: “After leaving the home at about 7.20pm and returning at about 9.15pm, the victim noticed her laptop had been moved from where it had been left and began to search the house.
“Not finding it, she has then believed it had been stolen from inside the house at some point between her last using it at about 2.40pm and her noticing it missing at about 9.15pm.”
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Shelly Reeve said: “While the victim was at home throughout the day, along with her daughter and pet dog, all external doors were unlocked but remained closed.
“This has been particularly unsettling for the family as there is every possibility that someone has entered their home, while they were there, removed the laptop and left without then noticing.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Anyone with information or who has been offered a laptop for sale should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.