Major blaze in Whittlesey spreads to lorry trailer and forklift truck
- Credit: Archant
A major blaze involving pallets and plastics in Whittlesey spread to a lorry trailer and forklift truck.
Four fire crews and a water carrier were called to Funtham's Lane off the A605 at 11.46pm last night (February 11).
The road was closed until around 5.30am this morning.
An investigation is now underway.
Group Commander Jamie Johnson, from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue, said: "The high winds made tackling the fire challenging but crews did a great job in bringing it under control and preventing it from spreading further.
You may also want to watch:
"The A605 was closed to protect motorists due to the intensity of the heat from the fire.
"A full fire investigation will take place this morning to determine the cause."
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Relief crews from March and Sawtry attended overnight and one crew from Sawtry remains at the scene monitoring hotspots and dampening down the area.