Last year Tories opposed 20mph speed limit in Waterlees... but now they propose reduction.
Last year I was at a Wisbech Town Council meeting to support a proposal put forward by Councillor Virginia Bucknor for a 20mph speed limit in Waterlees Village.
It was laughed out of the town council meeting by the Conservatives. Councillor Samantha Hoy stated that it was unenforceable, this was backed up by Councillor Steve Tierney.
Nearly a year later it is rolled out again by the Conservatives – only this time it’s a good idea.
Surely if it was unenforceable last year it must be unenforceable this year.
Are we going to have the joy of speed bumps down every road in and around Wisbech?
You may also want to watch:
I cannot understand why the Conservatives threw out Cllr Bucknor’s proposal, even though it had the full support from the residents of Waterlees, but now wheel out the same proposal as their own idea.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
County councillor, Wisbech North