Laughs a plenty at a Wisbech men’s club
- Credit: Archant
Guffaws galore rippled through a Wisbech club when a sixties singing sensation and comedian entertained for the night.
Jay McGee, former lead singer of the 60’s hit group The Rockin Berries, now has a solo career as a comedy vocal impressionist and entertainer.
His performance at the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club won him a standing ovation where he was thanked by former chairman Richard Wilson during the April meeting of the club.
During the evening it was announced that the At Home Function at The West End Restaurant on Sunday May 22 has sold out while a boat trip on the Broads on Friday August 12 has only three places left.
The annual golf day on September 8 has sold out with 13 teams playing and the Annual Grand Ball on October 8 has already sold 100 tickets.
The next meeting is at Mendis on Wednesday May 11 when the guest speaker will be Professor Lloyd Peck from the British Antartic Survey.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 9 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 10 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push