Laughs a plenty at a Wisbech men’s club
- Credit: Archant
Guffaws galore rippled through a Wisbech club when a sixties singing sensation and comedian entertained for the night.
Jay McGee, former lead singer of the 60’s hit group The Rockin Berries, now has a solo career as a comedy vocal impressionist and entertainer.
His performance at the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club won him a standing ovation where he was thanked by former chairman Richard Wilson during the April meeting of the club.
During the evening it was announced that the At Home Function at The West End Restaurant on Sunday May 22 has sold out while a boat trip on the Broads on Friday August 12 has only three places left.
The annual golf day on September 8 has sold out with 13 teams playing and the Annual Grand Ball on October 8 has already sold 100 tickets.
You may also want to watch:
The next meeting is at Mendis on Wednesday May 11 when the guest speaker will be Professor Lloyd Peck from the British Antartic Survey.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital