Launch of exciting new Fenland Youth Awards
- Credit: Archant
The launch was held at Young People March where young people were joined by representatives from youth organisations including, Centre 33 Young Carers, March Rangers football club, YPM, 20Twenty Productions as well as the Cambs Times and Councillor Andrew Donnelly the mayor of March.
The awards celebrate young people, youth organisations and inspirational adults who a young person has felt guided or helped them in their journey.
The first awards evening is Friday December 2 2016 at Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech.
Katherine Nightingale, of 20Twenty Productions, said: “We are encouraging youth organisations to register their support for the Fenland Youth Awards. To find out more about the nomination categories and to nominate a young person, adult or organisation visit the 20Twenty Productions website www.mycreative.academy. The deadline for nominations is October 31 2016. All nominees will be invited to the awards ceremony where the winners of each category will be announced.”
In the meantime there is an opportunity for young people and local youth organisations to link up for skill sharing and work experience.
You may also want to watch:
In2Media is hosting a range of workshops around photography, writing for press, film, social media and radio.
The young people will work closely with a youth organisation, write about them for publication in the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard and produce a short film, support them with social media and vlogging.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
These workshops are FREE of charge and available to young people aged 11-19, and will be held at March Town Hall over the summer holidays.
The workshops are taught by professionals in their field with years of experience. For more information about the workshops visit www.mycreative.academy. To sign up to any workshops contact: email@example.com