Launched today in a dash of colour, the 2015 Wisbech in Bloom campaign gets under way at Delamore in Wisbech St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech in Bloom officially launched its 2015 campaign today amidst a sea of colour.
The launch took place at Delamore Young Plants at Wisbech St Mary, one of the main sponsors.
This year’s theme will be Growing for Gold, commemorating the 50th year of the Britain in Bloom competition.
Penny Stocks of the In Bloom committee said the Royal Horticultural Society was encouraging communities to join in the celebration and are distributing sunflower seeds to all participating organisations.
She said: “At the Wisbech is in the Britain in Bloom final again this year we thought that it would be a great idea to plant as many varieties of golden flowers and vegetables as we can to really give the town a golden glow.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the Wisbech in Bloom team always bring the ‘in Bloom’ judges to St Peter’s School to see what can be achieved in the garden by enthusiastic staff and children.
The school was supporting the Growing for Gold theme in the raised beds and seeds and vegetable plants are being provided “and with the sponsorship of Delamore of yellow flowers too.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council