Lavinia makes Tokyo her eighth marathon achievement
- Credit: Archant
A 73 year old grandmother has completed her eighth marathon by finishing a run in Tokyo and is already looking at her next competitive event in Snowdon later this year.
Lavinia Seward, from Chatteris, said: “I didn’t start running until I was 61. It’s never too late to do something!
“It’s al bout setting yourself goals and getting on with it.
“This was the first one I didn’t raise money for as usually I get fund raising. The next run my daughter has signed me up for is Snowdon at the end of October.”
The keen athlete has successfully completed marathons in London, Amsterdam, New York, Berlin, Toronto, Florence the Great Wall of China and now her latest event in Tokyo.
You may also want to watch:
“This one wasn’t as challenging as some others have been. It was a bit hilly but was very enjoyable.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’