Time to show political leadership as Covid cases escalate
- Credit: Archant
Some weeks ago, we ran a campaign simply entitled #DoTheRightThing.
Its aim was to encourage us all to follow Covid guidelines and to turn the spotlight on those tasked with helping us through this pandemic.
This week the media was summoned to a hastily arranged press conference when health and political leaders were again centre stage.
And this time bringing us the news that rising cases of Covid has brought about the designation of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough as a Coronavirus Enhanced Response Area (ERA).
It effectively means we are being asked to review our daily actions, schools asked to return to wearing masks in common areas and extra vaccination opportunities being introduced.
East Cambs Council leader Anna Bailey is a political leader of some persuasion.
Her opponents may not always agree with her political leanings but on alerting and encouraging us all on vaccinations and Covid protection measures she leads from the front.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 6 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
Others in political life locally could be well advised to follow her example.
And keep their obnoxious anti vaccination rhetoric and often unhelpful social media interventions to themselves.