Learn about Hereward the Wake in a talk at March
- Credit: Archant
A group that enjoys historical talks throughout the year enjoyed a fun quiz for their last meeting of 2016.
The March Society enjoyed a qui with the theme of scenes, objects and places in March.
Each question illustrated a feature of the town or a recent public event.
The society’s January event is on Wednesday January 11 at 7pm in March Library when David Maile will introduce The Wake Hereward Project.
David will talk about his journey walking the Hereward Way to raise the profile of the Fenland hero.
You may also want to watch:
He will look at the cultural impact and ever-changing image of Hereward the Wake.
In this year’s 950th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings in 1066, Mia Hansson is embroidering a replica of the Bayeux Tapestry and will talk about and show her work in progress.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
Everyone is welcome. Members £2, non-members £3 including tea coffee and biscuits.
For more details see their website, Facebook or Twitter.