Learn about Hereward the Wake in a talk at March
- Credit: Archant
A group that enjoys historical talks throughout the year enjoyed a fun quiz for their last meeting of 2016.
The March Society enjoyed a qui with the theme of scenes, objects and places in March.
Each question illustrated a feature of the town or a recent public event.
The society’s January event is on Wednesday January 11 at 7pm in March Library when David Maile will introduce The Wake Hereward Project.
David will talk about his journey walking the Hereward Way to raise the profile of the Fenland hero.
He will look at the cultural impact and ever-changing image of Hereward the Wake.
In this year’s 950th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings in 1066, Mia Hansson is embroidering a replica of the Bayeux Tapestry and will talk about and show her work in progress.
- 1 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 7 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 8 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
Everyone is welcome. Members £2, non-members £3 including tea coffee and biscuits.
For more details see their website, Facebook or Twitter.